(Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts) The Rivier University Cross Country teams competed at the annual Travis J. Fuller Invitational hosted by Massachusetts Maritime Academy on Friday and the Raiders finished 3rd overall in the women's race and fifth in the men's race.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
With three of the top five runners and six in the top 10 overall, Massachusetts Maritime Academy topped the women's field with 26 points, 25 ahead of runner-up Rivier University.
Eastern Nazarene freshman Rodelina Kingsley led the 43-runner field with a 20:05 time while MMA freshman Lily Hakkarainen finished second with a 20:10 performance.
FOR THE RAIDERS:
• Junior Elizabeth Meehan (Nashua, N.H.) paced the Raiders with a 20:22 time and finished 3rd overall.
• Senior Marin Owens (Brookline, N.H.) finished 6th overall with a 20:38 time
• Sophomore Lauren Ferentino (Hudson, N.H.) posted a 22:37 effort and placed 9th
• Freshman Bridget Varnum (Amston, Conn.) was 13th with a 23:28 performance
• Sophomore Amelia Bassett (Derry, N.H.) placed 20th (24:52)
• Freshman Madaline Grenier (Hudson, N.H.) placed 24th (26:01)
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
With all five scoring runners in the top 7 overall, NAPS cruised to the men's title with 21 points, well ahead of runner-up Massachusetts Maritime Academy, which capped the day with 55 points.
NAPS Bartlett Ian claimed the individual crown after touring the 8K course in 28:26 minutes, nearly 20 seconds in front of teammate Hilton Jacob, who finished second with a 28:44 performance.
FOR THE RAIDERS:
• Junior Yash Jagtap (North Andover, Mass.) finished 13th overall (31:04)
• Sophomore Patrick Meyers (Wolfeboro Falls, N.H.) placed 25th (36:01)
• Freshman Jacob Santiago (Manchester, N.H.) placed 27th (38:03)
• Sophomore Cody Brien (Hillsborough, N.H.) placed 30th (39:53)
• Freshman Jack Walsh (Cross River, N.Y.) placed 31st (47:35)
• Freshman John McCarthy (Rowley, Mass.) placed 32nd (47:36)
Rivier will compete in the Runnin' Monks Invitational next Saturday morning in Standish, Maine on the campus of Saint Joseph's College.